Friday, April 6

all i need to know




today i was breastfeeding little imp in the living room, and every now and then he fell asleep for a few minutes. then he would wake up and drink some more. we sat like that for an hour. i was in no hurry and i let him drink and sleep like that for as long as he wanted. everything was quiet, all that could be heard was his breathing. i looked around the room and i felt a surge of surprise when i saw all those things, all the furniture, all the stuff. it all looked so alien to me after i had been looking down on his peacefully drinking and sleeping little body for so long. so many things have become inconsequential now that he is here. sometimes i think my reasonal me has not yet made the shift that i feel so obviously in all my emotions. everything has changed but my mind is still adapting. there is no better time than the time of a new baby to start living according to your feelings.

2 comments:

  1. We haven't talked in too long a time, for reasons well understood, but I'm so damn glad I can see these glimpses of you being happy to the utmost. Hoping you and your family are well, I salute you with love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that comment made my day, thank you so much johan. lots of love!

      Delete